Sunday, March 27, 2011

Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be harlots

For shame, Abercrombie and Fitch.  Offering padded bikini tops for KIDS.  I have a daughter.  She is 4.  The way I see it, she can wear Hello Kitty for the next 14 years and I would be perfectly happy.  Now, I realize I have several years yet until she becomes a teenager and I have to worry about these things (although apparently, they're are starting early these days).  What is wrong with kids just being kids???

My daughter's daycare used to be across the street from a local high school.  At dropoff time, I would have to carefully navigate my way through the throng of teens on their way to class.  Now, I am no prude- but where are these kids parents???  There is no way, absolutely no freaking way, that my daughter will ever, EVER be going to school in shorts so short they barely cover her...um...assets.  Pair this with low cut tank tops and push up bras and they might as well all be headed to a stripper convention instead of learning algebra or english.  What's next, pole dancing lessons in PE?

There is a time and a place for looking sexy, and yes, I am definitely of the "if you've got it, flaunt it" mentality, but not at elementary school, middle school, or even high school.  Wait until you go to college and THEN become one of the "girls gone wild" if you are so inclined.  

Bring back the one-piece!
 
~J

No comments:

Post a Comment