Sunday, March 27, 2011

Where does a hot, single mom meet a guy??

No, really...where do I FIND A GUY?  I find that as I get older, it is harder and harder to meet a nice guy.  Screw the whole "single mom" thing...that is an excuse out of shape moms use.  Guys don't care that I am a mom, really.  I am still as hot as I was before.  I fit into the same clothes, my ass hasn't fallen and I didn't get fat.  Outside of the screaming kid chasing me yelling "mommmmmmm...buy me this toy" in the mall, it isn't obvious that I AM a mom (although I readily volunteer it at every chance). 

Here is my problem - most of my friends are still married.  For now ;)  They aren't dying to hang out with me lately...they prefer to hang out with their "families"...pffft.  Screw that.  I am too old to go to bars and clubs.  Seriously, some of these kids could be MY kids (had I starting pushing babies out at 16)...it is creepy. 

I am not against dating younger guys, in fact most of the guys I am interested in are in their 20's...some are in their early 20's...I refuse to date 40 year olds...they seem so OLD and STABLE and I am not looking for stable.  I was married.  I was a wife.  I am a mom.  I don't need stable in my free time.  I need fun, carefree...a chance to go back a bit...live a little.

So what do I do?  Online dating has been a bust.  I am creeped out and refuse to introduce anyone to my kid.  Half because I need to protect him, half because I am afraid his stubborn, crazy streak will scare men away.   I think I am going to start hanging out at Home Depot or Best Buy in tight jeans with a confused look on my face.  I am sure some guy will ask if I need help...

If you have a better suggestion, post in comments.  I am the east coast mama, fyi...in case that helps.

~ S

No comments:

Post a Comment