Monday, April 11, 2011

The "I miss my baby girl" ramble

So I keep trying to type a blog, and I keep erasing what I wrote.  I was going to write the West Coast version of "how do you know when you shop too much" and didn't get anywhere.  I was going to write "I hate minivans with the passion of nine million burning suns" and didn't get anywhere.

I was supposed to have my daughter tonight but I switched with my ex, and I miss her.

I DID shop tonight...I got her the cutest little pair of bright pink, orange, and green sandals with flowers on them.  My daughter isn't a girly girl, she is more of a tomboy, but she loves bright colors.  These are just her style.  I didn't buy anything for myself...although I did look (I passed up a Splendid cowl neck sweater on sale at Anthropologie).  Side note, even if I don't buy anything at Anthro, that store just has the most calming vibe.  They have such cool visual displays.  I wish my house looked like that...

Back on track.  Whatever track that is!

Sharing sucks.  I mean, a few hours a week of a break is enough for me.  I would much rather have my daughter than not.  I don't care if she whines, I don't care if she resists bedtime, I don't care if I can't get her to eat a vegetable even if it was coated in chocolate and baked into a cookie.  Everything that is hard about being a mom goes away when that little person climbs into your lap, puts their arms around you, and says "I love you mommy."

She comes home tomorrow.  I can't wait!

~J

No comments:

Post a Comment